Columbus Home Health Agency Abuse And Neglect Attorneys
When elder care or disability care takes place in clients’ homes, a worker typically is out of sight of supervisors and other witnesses. Abuse and neglect can go unnoticed and undocumented over time. When a homebound senior or person with a disability tells other people (such as family members) about improper treatment, they may not know whether to believe the stories or not. It is often difficult to separate fact from fiction inspired by resentment over enforced caregiving.
Was Your Loved One Harmed Through Abuse And Neglect Of Home Caregivers?
However, abuse and neglect do occur in the context of home health agency care in private homes, just as sometimes in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Examples of abuse and neglect by a home health agency-employed caregiver may include:
- Failure to show up, without notice, when an elderly or disabled recipient of care depends on the help each day
- Failure to administer medications as assigned
- Failure to keep the elderly or disabled person clean
- Allowing bedsores to develop through incomplete completion of care routines
- Inflicting emotional or physical violence or harassment on the person cared for
- Exploiting the elderly or disabled person through scams or outright thievery
Did your mother, father, other family member or close friend complain while under the care of a home health agency? Did you later discover the tales were true? Whom can you turn to for help correcting the wrongdoing by a caregiver in your family member’s own home? Volkema Thomas Miller & Scott, LPA, can help. Our plaintiff’s lawyers represent injured people as well as people harmed through abuse or neglect.
Contact A Nursing Home Abuse And Neglect Attorney
To arrange a free consultation with one of our nursing home and assisted living neglect lawyers, call or email Volkema Thomas, LLC, at 614-227-7061. We offer free parking in the parking garage that is attached to our Columbus, Ohio, law offices.