Common Injuries In Truck Accidents
The size, weight and speed of commercial trucks all contribute to their danger in a crash with another vehicle. When trucks and cars collide, these factors frequently cause debilitating injuries.
At Volkema Thomas, LLC, in Columbus, Ohio, we serve individuals who have been seriously hurt or lost loved ones in accidents with trucks. Our personal injury lawyers, all with more than 25 years of experience, have the knowledge and dedication to pursue compensation for your losses, no matter how badly you have been hurt.
We can assist you if a truck accident caused you serious injury, including:
- Back and spinal cord injuries — Back injuries can range from minor neck pain to more serious conditions like dislocated disks and even paralysis. Because these injuries frequently affect an individual’s ability to work, it is critical to consider your long-term needs when pursuing compensation.
- Brain and head injuries — Brain injuries have the potential to be life-altering, but they are not always obvious immediately after an injury. Always seek medical attention to ensure all of your injuries are diagnosed.
- Internal injuries — Internal injuries to critical organs may occur as a result of blunt trauma in a truck accident. This damage can be difficult to treat and take considerable time to heal.
- Broken bones — The tremendous impact of a truck hitting your vehicle can result in broken bones or fractures virtually anywhere in the body.
- Lacerations — Cuts and lacerations from seat belts, broken glass and impact with your steering wheel can be painful and cause permanent scarring.
- Wrongful death — A crash with a tractor-trailer is much more likely to be fatal than a collision with another car. If you have suffered the loss of a parent, child or spouse, you may be able to bring a claim for your losses. We are here to help.
Get A Free Consultation And Learn More About Your Options
You only get one chance to pursue compensation for your damages after a truck accident. It is important that your attorney gain a full understanding of your injuries in order to pursue adequate compensation for your future health care. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our experienced lawyers, please contact us at 614-227-7061.