Warner M. Thomas, Jr, ESQ., LLC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Email: Email Me
J.R. was raised in north Florida, eventually migrating via graduate and law school to Ohio. Since his admission to the practice of law in 1979, he has worked in-house for two insurance companies, served as assistant city prosecutor for the city of Columbus, Ohio, and since 1982, been engaged in practice as a civil trial lawyer. He is AV rated* by Martindale-Hubbell since 1995.
J.R. has handled many significant cases involving injury and death related to auto accidents, defective products, electrocutions, medical negligence, brain injury, legal malpractice, truck accidents and airplane crashes. Several of these matters have resulted in multimillion-dollar settlements or verdicts.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Motor Vehicle Injuries
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Premises Liability
- Nursing Home Injuries
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ohio, 1979
- Kentucky, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio, J.D.
- Bethune Cookman College, B.S.
Honors And Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 2005 – 2018
- Central Ohio Association of Justice “Louisville Slugger” Award
- Jeffersonian Brotherhood “Brother of the Year” Award, 2010
- “Ohio’s Top Lawyers” Columbus CEO Magazine
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who
- Who’s Who in Law, 1994
- Columbus Business First
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations And Memberships
- The Ohio Association for Justice
- The Central Ohio Association for Justice
- The Columbus Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice